4K requirements for test and measurement explained live at IBC 2013Saturday, September 14, 2013 1:00 PM
Michael Byrne, our Technical Manager at WTS Broadcast explains why Tektronix are addressing the 4K requirements for test and measurement to keep up to date with EBU QC requirements for 4K transmission and multi platform digital content.
The SPG8000 comes standard with individually timeable black burst (with VITC support) and HDTV tri-level sync outputs, linear time code (LTC) outputs and network time protocol (NTP) server support – all of the timing and synchronizing signals required in a video broadcast or production facility.
· The SPG8000 incorporates Tektronix' Stay Genlock® capability, which provides a unique genlock mode that minimizes disruption to devices synchronized to the SPG8000 reference signals and eliminates synchronization shock.
· Both the SPG8000 and ECO8000 series have Hot-swappable dual-redundant power supply system virtually removing the risk of sync loss due to power supply unit failure. Unique to the ECO8000 and ECO8020, the units periodically test the backup power supply to verify its performance.
· Featuring SNMP support and a Web UI, the ECO8000, and SPG8000, can all be seamlessly integrated into facility control systems.
· Full 3G-SDI capability helps new digital facilities meet current and future requirements and protect infrastructure investments.
· The ECO8000 and ECO8020 are designed to allow customers to configure their sync generator systems to fit specific application needs without paying for unnecessary ECO channels.
· The ECO8020 is the Industry’s first high channel density changeover unit (maximum 20 BNC channels plus four LTC channels) in a 1RU height form factor making it is ideally suited to OB truck applications and where rack space is at a premium.